Living by the Lakes: Keswick



I live on the outskirts of the Lake District in Cumbria. It's just a small drive until you get right into the mountains and spot your first lake. As you drive in the scenery is just like a painting, so beautiful and I feel privileged to live so close to such a beautiful place.


One of the popular towns to visit in the north of the county is 'Keswick', so when one of my friends came up to visit, that is were we decided to go. All the small shops and cafes and pubs are so quaint and friendly, I love how most also welcome dogs in too. I've been to Keswick many a time so I tried to get in as much touristy things for my friend as I could. First stop 'The Puzzling Place'. A little museum full of illusions and tricks. I love things like that.I won't tell you everything that's in their and ruin it but here's one we tried out...






The lakes Ice-cream is delicious but their flavour 'Thunder and Lightning' tops everything. To describe it, I would say... Vanilla ice-cream with chocolate and honeycomb swirls. A Must Try!! ...So we did! and then headed down to the Lake that sits at the edge of Keswick; Derwent Water. On a summers day its nice to get a rowing boat out or have trip on the passenger boats to the other side and walk back round taking in the scenery.


These views will never cease to amaze me.

Comments